We offer separate lifestyle management consultations and personalized coaching by Dr. Khan. Health is our best asset, and we need to manage it like we manage our money. Dr. Khan uses Boston Heart Diagnostics to offer advanced laboratory testing.
Patients get personalized reports of their laboratory results with a personally tailored lifestyle package to improve their overall health.
We are living in a time where advances in modern medicine make it possible to live longer but not necessarily with a quality of life that we would want in our lucky years. The quality of our life will depend on the choices that we make now. Type 2 diabetes, obesity, atherosclerosis, heart disease, and cancer can be preventable depending on the choices we make now.
Our body is a temple, and we need to take care of it. Our lives are spent living in a state of perpetual unrest. We are in a permanent state of "flight," always running and short of time. Consumption of processed food, lack of sleep, meditation, movement, and social connection is creating a state of unhealthy.
Take the lifestyle quiz below, and if you have answered yes to one or more of these questions, you could benefit from a lifestyle management consultation.
- Do you have a family history of diabetes, heart disease or obesity?
- Are your overweight or obese, or BMI over 25?
- Do you have extra belly fat? Is your waist circumference greater than 35 inches for women or greater than 40 inches for men?
- Do you crave sugar and refined carbohydrates?
- Do you have trouble losing weight on standard diets?
- Has your doctor told you that your blood sugar is a little high, or you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes?
- Do you have high values of triglycerides (over 100mg/dl) and low HDL cholesterol (less than 50 mh/DL)?
- Do you have heart disease?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you inactive? (less than 30 minutes of exercise four times a week)
- Do you sleep less than 7 hours a day?
Cost of Lifestyle Management Consultation:
The total consultation is $350.00 and includes comprehensive analysis of laboratory data using Boston Heart Diagnostics, your personal history, medical history, medication history, review of current medical problems, body composition analysis, estimation of probable risk of diabetes, atherosclerosis and heart disease, measurement of visceral fat, and risk of developing dementia. At the end we will recommend a lifestyle plan and provide you with guidance to getting tools and making chance that may help you in decreasing risk of chronic disease.
- Vitamin D3: Take 2000mg once a day with breakfast
- Omega 3 fats: 1000 mg twice a day
- Magnesium: 100 mg 1 tablet twice a day
- Alpha Lipoic acid: 300 mg twice a day
- Cinnamon: 250 mg twice a day
- Turmeric: 350 mg twice a day
- Probiotics: Once a day with at least 10 billion active cultures from at least ten different strains, including lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium
- Coconut oil